Sunday, February 12, 2012

Let it snow...

Mid-January we got our first and probably only big snowstorm of a year! We ended up getting over a foot of snow, which is a lot for us. Matt's school was cancelled the whole week and I only had to work 1 night that week, so we had a lot of quiet time to spend at home as a family. I love the snow because it totally forces you to slow down, and just enjoy those moments you usually don't take advantage of.

Don't get me wrong though...I do love that we have a vehicle with 4 wheel drive and snow tires, allowing us to venture out, run to the store, visit family, oh and maybe a lunch out to Red Robin!

Matt also took me down to Seattle the night I had to work, and picked me up first thing in the morning, so I didn't have to drive in the snow and ice by myself. Thankfully my parents and baby Matthew had a sleepover, so we didn't have to haul him around with us!



Sledding down the driveway with Daddy!





Matthew tolerated the snow for about 5 minutes, and made it very clear that he was done and ready to go inside and warm up! Better luck next year with actually playing in the snow, I guess!


Grammy and Grandpa!!


Getting the mail with Daddy

Eating snow for the very first time. One bite was all he needed to know it was too cold, or not tasty enough for him!




"Okay mom, enough with the pictures....can we go inside yet??"



No comments:

Post a Comment