Friday, May 2, 2014

Matthew Jay 3 years old

Matthew Jay 3 years old

Happy Birthday buddy!

I can barely wrap my mind around the fact that you are 3 years old. It seems like it was just yesterday we were bringing you home from the hospital, and now I feel like I've barely blinked and overnight you've turned into a little boy. Matthew Jay, I am so blessed to be called your Mommy. You have such a big personality that brings so much joy to my life. I couldn't imagine not spending each day being your Mommy. It truly is the best job in the world. Don't ever lose your laughter and the love that you have for your family and others around you. I pray for you each and every day and know that God has such big plans for your life!

What have you been up to these past couple of months??

You wear size 3T clothes. You like to put on your own shoes and socks. Lately, you have been obsessed with wearing your snow or rain boots and wear them about everywhere except church. I secretly think you like them because you know you can stomp in a puddle with them on. All boy. You are starting to get particular and opinionated about what clothes you wear and how they fit.

On December 20th, we got our first 6 inches of snow for the year. You absolutely loved it. You were so excited to look out the window in the morning, you literally slid down the stairs in a mad dash to get a peek outside. We had breakfast, put our snow gear on and were heading out the door by 8am for a morning of snow adventure! You loved building a snow man and getting pulled in a sled by Daddy. Your absolute favorite thing to do was sledding. The faster and higher, the better. At first you wanted Daddy to go with you, but by the end you were all about doing it by yourself. We also went over to Gabby and Grandpa's house and you had a blast going for a sled ride with Grandpa around the block. I thought you might last an hour or so, but we ended up spending about 5 hours outside playing in the snow. You warmed up to hot chocolate and took a nice long nap that day!

You loved celebrating Christmas and New Years Eve. I think more then anything you loved being around so many people all the time! This was the first year at Christmas where you really understood what was going on, and it was so much fun to watch you open all of your presents and get so excited about each and every one of them.

We bought a house and moved the beginning of January! When we moved from our first house in Snohomish to our rental in Lake Stevens you called that house our "new house". Even after living there for months, you would still refer to it as such. So when we were moving, we told you that we were moving to a "new, new house". You love our "new, new house", and transitioned so well from one home to another. One of your favorite things was seeing the big truck on moving day! I can't wait to watch you grow up in this home.

Some of your favorite songs are Old McDonald, Deep and Wide, Father Abraham, Happy and you know it, 10 Little Monkey's, and all the theme songs to your favorite TV shows.

Your favorite TV shows are Mickey, Ella the Elaphant, Doc McStuffins and Little Einsteins. Your favorite movies are Up and The Letter Factory.

From watching The Letter Factory alone, you have learned all of your letter sounds and can visually recognize all of the alphabet.

Your favorite number is 26 (don't ask me why!). You can count to 20.

You love garbage trucks and tractors. You love to build with blocks and like to create rocket ships and ferry boats.

You can spell your name. You are learning how to write your name. Your M and A look good, but the rest still looks like scribbles.

You know all of your shapes and colors, even an octagon.

You love to climb and jump off of things.

You want to be a superhero when you grow up.

You're my outdoor boy, and love to spend time outside. I can't wait for the weather to warm up so we can start spending more time outside, riding bikes and playing at the park.

You are always choosing a different toy to take with you to bed or nap time. Thankfully you like for it to just be in bed with you, and you don't stay awake playing with it, but it changes almost everyday which toy it will be.

You love to go to church and be with your friends.

Your best friend is your cousin Joshie.

You are a mama's boy, but have quite the affinity to your daddy when it comes to sports and snakes. You love your Sissy. Sure you two have your moments, but overall you are very sweet towards her and play very well together. I love hearing you two giggle together. You're always getting into some sort of mischief with Sissy. I'm getting asked more frequently if you two are twins!

One day while driving in the car you were asking me to get you something from the back seat. I was trying to explain to you that I couldn't just turn around and grab it because I was driving and if I took my eyes off the road, I might get in an accident. You said, "You might pee your pants Mommy?". Oh how I love you!

Another day you were sitting on the couch after bath in only a towel. You were playing with your pee pee and I told you to stop. You looked at me and said, "Awww mom, but I was flying it like a spaceship!" Oh dear...

Matthew Jay, you have brought so much joy, laughter, and spunk to our lives. Happy 3rd Birthday Bro Bro!! We love you soooo much!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment