Monday, December 26, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

I know I'm probably about the last person to blog about their Thanksgiving, but I couldn't do a Christmas post before my Thanksgiving post, so better late then never!

We have so much to be THANKFUL for!

This year, we flew to Colorado with my parents and my grandma, Bami, to spend Thanksgiving with my brother and his wife, Adam and Willow!

We were a little nervous how Matthew was going to do on the airplane, but he ended up doing great! He has been on a plane twice before, but not since he was a little baby, so we didn't know how our busy 9 month old was going to do. Thankfully on the ride to Colorado, it was bedtime, so he was able to take a bottle, and fell fast asleep in my arms for the entire trip!

Here are the highlights from our trip to Denver...

Thanksgiving morning, we walked to the park by Adam and Willow's house, enjoying the 65 degree weather! It felt amazing considering we left behind a very wet and cold Seattle!

 This kid has his Grandpa and Grammy wrapped around his fingers...and toes!

 Climbing on the toys with Aunt Willow


Matthew loves shoulder rides....especially from Daddy!

 On Thanksgiving afternoon, we headed over to Willow's sisters house for a wonderful dinner! Thanks for hosting Rainy! Matthew LOVED swinging in the backyard!

Adam and Willow's other Nephew, Noah!

 Silly Uncle Adam!

Such a cutie!


 This kid was never short on getting attention!

 Willow's mom, Sally, with my mom, Bami, Adam and Willow before the feast begins!


 All 18 of us!

 Matthew woke up from his nap just in time to enjoy his very first Thanksgiving!

 I'd be scared too....

Dessert was his favorite part of the meal!

Yummy leftovers!


The rest of our trip, we got to just spend time together as a family! We went shopping, on walks & out to eat. We toured downtown Denver, and also got to see Adam and Willow's new house that is being built! We watched the Husky Football game, and enjoyed plenty of food! It was such a relaxing and fun few
days that we got to be together!



We found a fun tunnel for Matthew to crawl through while we waited for Starbucks!



Family picture in front of the Denver Art Museum!



I love this picture! Matthew was quite smitten with his goofy Uncle Adam!

Walking by the Capitol in Downtown Denver


Nothing better then a hot Starbucks on a crisp, cold day!

We even celebrated Bami's 81st Birthday with some delicious cupcakes!
I love my Grandma so much. She is such a help and a blessing to our family!

 At the airport, Matthew loved watching the airplanes going by!
How did my baby grow up so fast?!?!


Love this picture of my boys on the airplane!

It's always so bittersweet to leave! We loved our time in Colorado,
and look forward to the next time we get to see eachother!
We love you Uncle Adam and Aunt Willow!

1 comment: